2016 Mazda6 Sports Sedan vs. 2016 Chevy Malibu
The 2016 Mazda6 Sports Sedan and the 2016 Chevy Malibu are two of this year’s most popular sedans. If you’re in the market for a sports sedan or a midsize sedan that’s affordable, functional, and fun, which is the right pick? Both of these sedans have their strong points, but when it comes down to it, the 2016 Mazda6 is the clear winner. Let’s find out why.
2016 Mazda6 vs. 2016 Chevy Malibu: Overview
The Malibu has been around for decades. There’s no denying that it is a practical midsize sedan that will get you from point A to point B. The 2016 Chevy Malibu will satisfy many of the basic requirements you’re looking for in a 4-door:
- Standard passenger room in front and rear seats
- Decent fuel economy for its class (except for the Premier, which loses several miles per gallon)
- Smartphone integration
- Standard safety features
In short, the Chevy Malibu is practical, but not as polished as other midsize sedans on the market. Maybe this is why the 2016 Malibu was granted a “B” rating by Edmunds.com.
The 2016 Mazda6, however, earned an “A.” Here are just a few reasons why:
- A refined interior with room to spare
- Excellent fuel economy and sporty handling
- Advanced safety systems that made it a 2016 IIHS Top Safety Pick
- State-of-the-art technology features, including a 7-inch touchscreen for most trims, smartphone integration, and a complete infotainment system
Not only does the Mazda6 have better features across the board, it costs less: on average, Chevy Malibu customers pay almost $2,000 more for this B-rated sedan.
Bottom Line: The Mazda6 Outperforms the Chevy Malibu Across the Board
When you look at everything both cars have to offer, it’s easy to see why the Mazda6 is the better choice. Mazda Direct has the latest lineup of Mazda6 trims, as well as a complete inventory of other new and used Mazda vehicles. We serve Fostoria and surrounding communities in Ohio, including Amsden, Bloomdale, West Milgrove, and Risingsun.
To schedule your test drive, call 800-589-8111 or simply stop by our lot!